What are your delivery times?
Your order will ship within 1-2 business days.
How much will shipping cost?
For orders being shipped to the United States, we offer free shipping on orders over $100 and a flat rate shipping of $6.95 for all orders under $100. For orders being shipped to Canada, your cost will be calculated at checkout.
How can I track my order?
Once your order has been processed and we've received your payment, we'll send you a confirmation email including your tracking number, so you can easily see when your products will arrive.
What if I receive the wrong product?
In the event you receive a delivery containing incorrect items, please contact us and we will make it right.
How does your warranty work?
We feel so strongly about the quality of our socks that each pair comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Just ship us your clean pair of socks along with the requested information to:
190 Industry Drive
Springfield, KY . 40069
Please include the following information:
1. Proof of purchase
2. Your complete name, mailing address, email and phone number
Once they are received, we will send your replacements to the address you provided.
Please note: you will be responsible for paying for your own return shipping costs. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance.
What does your warranty cover?
Basically anything and everything as long as you are still in possession of the socks and ship them back to us. All claims made in good faith will be considered. If you aren't satisified with your purchase, let us know and we will make it right.
What makes Altera's alpaca socks so great?
It all starts by selecting the best possible alpaca fiber. We carefully design and manufacture our own blended yarns for each sock we make, which are then knit on small needle, fine gauge knitting machines. Our socks incorporate arch support, full terry loop sole, mesh ventilation, and a reinforced heel and toe.
Why buy alpaca products?
Alpaca fleece is one of the world’s finest and most luxurious natural fibers. There are still some alpaca garments dating back over 2000 years in Peru that are still in good condition!
On the microscopic level, alpaca fleece has a smooth exterior surface, which is why it’s as soft as silk. Alpaca features a unique hollow core, which allows it to wick away moisture and provide up to 30% greater insulation than Merino wool in either hot or cold conditions, allowing for total thermal regulation even when wet.
If you ever met someone who has owned a high-quality alpaca piece, they will probably tell you about its unique characteristics:
- Hypoallergenic: Alpaca is free of lanolin, which is a natural wax secreted by some wool-producing
animals which people can be allergic to, and thus can be processed without the need for high temperatures or harsh chemicals in washing.
- Soft: Alpaca fiber has a soft, silky feel, and while it is warm like sheep wool, it does not have the same itchy nature. This is because the alpaca's fiber is several microns smaller in diameter, giving its silky characteristic.
- Moisture Wicking: Alpaca is resistant to external water penetrations like wool, but can slowly wick away perspiration because of its unique ability to act like cotton when regaining moisture.
- Thermal Regulating: Alpaca's superior insulation is cool in warm weather and warm in cool weather helping to regulate body temperature, regardless of weather conditions.
- Flame Resistant: Alpaca fiber is flame resistant, meeting the standards of US Consumer Product Safety Commission's rigid testing specifications as a Class-1 fiber for use in clothing.
How do I care for my product?
For best results, turn your socks inside out and machine wash warm, with like colors. Do not use bleach. You can either line dry or tumble dry on low heat.